2007年5月23日水曜日

Fluency Journal "Children Kill Their Parents"

Kensuke Uematsu                    Uematsu1
Professor James
ARW section AI
23 May 2007

Fluency journal “Children Kill Their Parents”

      Recently, I often hear news about cases of murder which happens between children and parents. On 15 May 2007, there is a horrible case in Fukushima. The boy who is seventeen years old killed his mother and cut off her head and brought it to the police station. He put the head in a school bag and carried it around. He went to Karaoke and Internet café with it. When I heard this news, I was very surprised and I couldn’t believe it. I wonder why he did such a tremendous crime.
      Many of the children whose age is about 15-18 have thought that they want to kill their parents because of strict discipline or restriction of action. In general, people say that recent children are quick-tempered so if they feel something stressful, they try to attack something immediately. Even though it is parents’ word, they will act violent to their parents. However, is this right action to claim own opinion or feeling to their parents? I think it is absolutely not. The strict discipline which is given by parents is expression of parents’ care about children so children have to try to understand what the meaning of the restriction and if you notice the real meaning, you may aware of parents’ kindness. Therefore, recent children have to have a good understanding of their parents and especially, they need more conversation with their family.
                                            (234 words)


Work Cited
Asahi.com (http://www.asahi.com)

2 件のコメント:

Kota さんのコメント...

I can't understand what the person thinking, too. But i ha d the case that when I was scolded, I couldn't understand the reason why I'm scolding. Then I retorted to my parents. But just using words, not violence. And talked a lot. So we could understand each other. I think this communication is hold in every family, isn't it? It is natural. Why did he kill his mother? what do you think, Kensuke? Please talk about this topic later, face to face.

111473 さんのコメント...

Hi. I'm mari. My buddy said to me "This HW was to comment on your yesterday partner’s ideas." so I comment on your portfolio.

When I heard the news, I thought the news was very scary and I couldn't understand why he killed his mother too. I agree your idea. So sometimes I quarrel with my parents, but I will try to have a good understanding of my parents and more conversation with my family.